Walnuts, lovely! Omegas & Protein Galore!
Always looking for ways to throw these darlings in our food as you will see in many of my recipes!
I personally keep a Mason Jar filled with raw walnuts that are chopped to easily throw on fruit, salads, as a finish to many foods. Here are some of the many benefits to keeping this gem handy:
- Lower Blood Pressure With high levels of omega-3 fatty acids contain in walnuts are very beneficial to all aspects of the cardiovascular system. Research has found that just a few walnuts per day may help keep the high blood pressure away.
- Healthy Brain Improve your memory and overall cognitive function by throwing some walnuts in your mouth. Raising your intake of any food high in omega-3 fatty acids will assist in this benefits.
- Cancer Prevention Researchers have found that adding walnuts to your everyday can lower risk for breast and prostate cancer.
- Lower Cholesterol Omega-3 fatty acids have been found to effectively lower cholesterol levels. People with high cholesterol can significantly lower their levels by eating walnuts.
- Good Digestion Their high fiber content assists in better digestion.
- Weight Management The fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals balances boosts your overall health. When you have balance nutrients you are less likely to grab that not-so-good choices!
- Sleep Better Walnuts contain a natural melatonin which assists in a regular overall good sleep.
- Stronger Bones Alpha linolenic acid is one of the essential fatty acids in walnuts, this contributes to strong bones in your body when its a regular part of your diet.
- Inflammation Reduction Omega-3 fatty acids as a regular part of your diet, inflammation will decrease, and lower levels of inflammation are related to stronger bones.
- Healthy Hair Walnuts contain selenium, zinc, biotin and essential fatty acids these help to promote healthy, shiny, strong hair; nothing any of us will complain about!
What item do you keep handy to throw in your food for its health benefits?